One of the items on my Summer Bucket List (insert hyperlink to post) is to visit a park I’ve never been to. What better way to enjoy the park than a picnic? I started to think about different portable picnic foods and was reminded of this incredible pesto recipe from Nidhi. Here’s Nidhi and I’s recipe for a delicious summer pesto pasta salad!
Nidhi & Danica’s Summer Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
- One box of Fusilli pasta
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Black pepper
- Bocconcini cheese balls
- Frozen Peas
- Olive oil
Make it so
- Fill a pot of water with the frozen peas and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta noodles to the same pot. Cook the pasta.
- Strain the pasta and peas, drizzle lightly with olive oil and set aside to let cool.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes and basil.
- Once the pasta and peas are cool, mix all the ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Top with black pepper to taste.
Serve cold or at room temperature!